Friday 28 September 2012

Paradise Found - A Love of the Victorian Era.

Hello,

Did anyone watch the new costume drama series on BBC1 - The Paradise?  Well I did and I think I am going to be hooked.  I am already a sucker for a good costume drama but I only get to watch them when H (a.k.a. Chris my husband) is out.  To be honest, I don't watch much telly, but I do look forward to my weekly instalment of Downton Abbey.  Not just to immerse myself in the many intertwining plots that are taking place, but also to covet the beautiful clothing and accessories that are on display.

So, the arrival of The Paradise which is based in an upmarket department store in Victorian Britain, has me kicking back on the sofa glass of wine in hand, chocolate at the ready and just revelling in not only the stories that are emerging but also the beautiful dresses, hats, and jewellery and the way the sets have been intricately dressed, down to the very last detail, definitely reflecting the current ongoing trend with vintage.

I love the whole corset and ruffle look of the Victorian era, along with the buttoned up gloves and hopelessly romantic jewellery.  If you are a bride with a love of Victoriana, then I've put together a few inspirational images for you to devour.
xxx

Photo: Chemistry Photography
Topsy Turvy Design
V Maiden Japan
Romantic Threads
www.frenchgardenhouse.com

I.Ingmur.com
Steam Punk Nation
Sweet Angel 1 @tumblr.com
Topsy Turvy Designs


No comments:

Post a Comment